Craftiness and creativity of the rustic, country, folksy kind... from our home to yours.

20 January 2010

Making my own wedding dress....



I plan on sewing my own dress. My sewing skills aren't great, but I think it will be a lot of fun to attempt to do. If it doesn't work out, I'll just buy one!

The dress will have a similar shape to these. I'd like to sew 4 wooden buttons, about the diameter of a 50-cent piece, down the right side. One panel on the front will button to the other and the top button will stay unbuttoned with a flap that hangs over. The dress will be an off-white or biege linen or cotton material and the inside of the dress will be a lavender color, similar material, that flaps over. I've considered making the dress in eyelet material, too. I'll be barefoot for the wedding service but plan on wearing nude flats for the rest of the day.









No comments:

Post a Comment