Craftiness and creativity of the rustic, country, folksy kind... from our home to yours.

12 February 2010

Centerpieces & Table Decor.



I couldn't sleep this morning. I was up at 430am! So I sat in the dark living room, with a kitty by my side, looking at craft websites for inspiration. I stumbled upon the most amazing website - ever!

www.save-on-crafts.com

This website has just about everything I think i will need for inspiration and supplies for a beautiful, rustic, crafty table decor.

Here are some ideas that I am enamoured with:

♥punched-tin cans and mason jars with lavender votives (I just bought 112 votives online for 25 cents a piece, with shipping!)
♥tallish, cylindrical vases or milk jugs (all from thrift stores?) as the "center" filled with this branch with bird's nest (see below), lavender sprigs, and some other twiggy things (also see below)
♥lavender buds in the bottoms of the vases and mason jars (maybe some sprinkled on the tables, too?)
♥river stones scattered about (that i plan on snagging from/returning to the Fowler River, near my parents' home)
♥burlap table runner screenprinted with some variation of the block letters photo that Dave and I took in the redwoods (runners sewn by me, screenprinting by dave) I think the ink should be dark lavender, to keep tying the purple in.








No comments:

Post a Comment